The Beauty Of Indian Folk MusicNovember 22, 2018
Three Songs That Changed Indipop In the 21st CenturyNovember 22, 2018
- Indian pop music to the beat of which anyone can dance is also known as Indipop.
- It is mostly associated with Bollywood films where actors lip-sync to the tune of playback singers.
- Indipop has Hindi lyrics, and the music is often described as sugar-coated dance melodies.
- Each song had a large orchestra film music and overdubbed with dance beats.
- The start of Indian pop music is said to be in 1966 when playback singer Ahmed Rushdi created Ko Ko Korina. The song was a blend of folk music and classical music of South Asia along with modern beats.
- The spread of indipop can be laid on the feet of All India Radio.
- In 1996, MTV came to India, but it was rarely watched only after they started airing Bollywood music that the ratings of the channel soared by 70%.
- Today, Indian pop music is heard and loved by people around the world.
- While at one-point listeners were more loyal to songs rather than the people who sang them, the times have changed. Indian youth is following indipop singers more and more.
- The proliferation of media outlets is another reason why Indian pop music world has changed.
• Indipop now incorporates a broad range of styles like classical, fold and contemporary.
Know More About : Various Nuances of Pop Music